Strengthening Unions & Building Better Workplaces for Our Frontline Workers
Peter believes that everyone deserves bargaining rights and a voice in the workplace and that strong unions improve the lives of workers with good wages, safer working conditions, and better protections.
- Cosponsored the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act, which would expand labor protections related to employees’ rights to organize and collectively bargain in the workplace.
Supporting Our Frontline Workers
- Supported the HEROES Act, which would have created a $200 billion fund to increase pay for essential frontline workers.
- Support setting minimum nurse-to-patient staffing requirements to better protect nurses and patients.
- Cosponsored the Workplace Violence Protection for Health Care and Social Services Workers Act, which would require the Department of Labor to establish necessary protections from workplace violence for nurses and other healthcare workers.
- Cosponsored the Dr.Lorna Breen Health Care Provider Protection Act, which would establish grants and other requirements to support healthcare workers’ mental health.
- Cosponsored the Student Loan Forgiveness for Frontline Health Workers Act, which would provide federal and private student loan forgiveness to certain frontline health care workers.